Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Be a leading voice on strategic vendor accounts and support activities to drive commercial success. As part of the larger vendor management team, the Vendor Manager role would also be expected to strategize and initiate vendor risk reduction plans while managing commercial expectations with key internal and external partners. The position will require interactions with vendors across various industries and ability to have tough conversations with stakeholders is a must.
- Proactively seek opportunities to optimize supply base and develop strategy for execution
- Create framework to improve company's risk assessment capability and optimize negotiation
- Be the main commercial POC on key accounts and support negotiations and dispute resolutions
- Build subject matter expertise through active relationship management with both internal and external stakeholder
- Manage expenditure of 3rd party spend
- 4 year bachelor in business, finance or engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a supply chain and/or market analysis in a procurement setting experienced in the following industry - electronics/SaaS/logistic/manufacturing/mobility/telecom
- Analytical, data driven and persuasiveness
- Travel up to 15% of onsite vendor visits
- Lean six sigma, PMP or equivalent, CPSM
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.