Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Safety is the #1 priority for Bird, the world leader in last-mile micro-EV transportation. As with any transportation modality, accidents are inevitable. Ensuring that our riders and the broader community of city officials, law enforcement, and users of the public-right-of-way have confidence in our vehicles, app, and process for handling concerns is central to our mission. Bird is looking for a strong leader with a history of experience in customer service, transportation, data, and safety to lead a dynamic team focused on providing the best possible experience to the Bird community.
- Manage and monitor the handling of global escalated support tickets (including critical injuries and brand-risk events) and prioritize responses
- Serve as the primary POC for external stakeholders such as police, municipalities, non-Bird insurance companies, and potential claimants, among others.
- Draft written and verbal follow-up for unique events and safety-related issues
- Conduct investigation into all accessible information (via Bird’s internal systems and outside research) to gather relevant facts to help resolve safety issues and determine appropriate courses of action in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Identify and build relationships with internal departments (legal, finance, government partnerships, data, product) and facilitate collaborative efforts to improve safety where appropriate.
- Create and revise standard operating procedures and monitor performance, adapt where necessary.
- Recommend solutions for resolving unique circumstances.
- Manage and action on potential and actual insurance claims and make recommendations to the claims team.
- Manage response performance (procedures, timing, and substance) of T&S associates and external contractors.
- Manage safety data and compile reporting for internal analysis and cities.
- Identify incident/component/location data trends and make recommendations to reduce future incidents.
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university
- 5 years work experience
- 2+ years of experience in trust & safety or claims related role
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy/sympathy trained
- Elevated/crisis customer support experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work cross-functionally / collaboratively
- Decisive and good judgment when dealing with sensitive issues
- Investigative skills
- Ability to own projects from start to finish, be persistent, set goals and deadlines, and achieve set objectives
- Problem solving skills; ability to identify issues and organizational aspects that require improvement and ability to drive change
- Project management skills - knowledge of Excel and Zendesk a must, SQL and Tableau a bonus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.