Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Associate Corporate Counsel (Commercial) will support a variety of commercial and business transactional activity at Bird. In addition to supporting vendor and customer agreement negotiations and drafting, the Assoc. Corporate Counsel will help set legal policies and develop templates. This role will work closely across a broad set of company stakeholders, including Consumer Products, Marketing/Brand, IT, City Growth, Accounting/Finance, Vehicle/Supply Chain, Product, and more. In addition, the Assoc. Corporate Counsel may also work on corporate matters in the US and internationally, and help develop critical Legal systems.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, and manage commercial contracting policies for vendor and supplier agreements, software providers, consultants and other service providers; complex sales/customer agreements; and licensing and marketing agreements
- Occasional responsibility for major partnerships and strategic transactions such as distribution & retailer agreements and enterprise/B2B agreements.
- Build close relationships with business and operations teams and executives, and obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of Bird products and strategic objectives
- Provide additional support on corporate matters, including entity management, governance, and international compliance.
- Experienced attorney with 3-5 years of transactional experience, and superior drafting and negotiating skills
- JD from a top tier law school and member of at least one state bar
- In-house experience, preferably with a fast-paced technology and/or global consumer products company
- Experience at a nationally-recognized law firm
- Business minded -- ability to proactively analyze risks and provide practical guidance to stakeholders
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.