Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 400 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Bird is looking for a Payroll Specialist to process international payroll accurately, on time and in compliance with legislative requirements across multiple countries. You will manage the Company’s multi-location payroll and keep a record of all payroll transactions while maintaining third party relationships for our Global payroll process.
- Performs coordination of full-cycle international payroll processing; to include data entry, validation, reconciliation, and auditing using ADP Streamline on a monthly basis.
- Process and validate all payroll tax-related transactions including but not limited to new hire tax set-up, termination payments, taxability of benefit deductions, statutory requirements, supplemental income taxation, taxable fringe benefits, visa tax exemptions, stock and equity grants.
- Adhere to all country-specific regulations for payroll processing including sick leave/leave of absences and kin care. Track sick time for leave of absences and partner with HR in maintaining accurate information in the system.
- Update and audit employee personal and job information in the database. Keep detailed and organized payroll records. Prepare and submit payroll documents to the Finance department each pay period. Assist the Finance department with any reports needed for audits.
- Ensure that payroll taxes not handled by third-party payroll companies are reconciled and remitted to the proper tax agency on time.
- Respond to inquiries from employees about salaries, wages, and all other questions regarding our payroll system. Resolve any discrepancies surrounding payroll issues.
- Write and produce customized reports for various key stakeholders.
- Maintain vendor relationships and ensure accuracy of data.
- Partner with HR, Legal, and Operations on market launch strategy and infrastructure set up.
- Have 3+ years of payroll experience in international environments
- Have worked with a payroll size of 200+ employees
- Experience with Global payroll processing and knowledge of international wage and hour laws (i.e., EMEA countries)
- Knowledge of benefit programs and compensation/equity principles and practices
- Proficient in ADP Streamline
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise best practice
- Think analytically and can effectively apply logic to solve problems
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting, with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and can clearly articulate complex messages and requirements
- Ability to work independently
- The ability to adapt to change and adjust to the business needs
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.