Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting function at Bird is relatively young, but highly impactful. This team, and this role, will partner with leaders in legal, finance, controllership, investor relations and others on our SEC filings and highly complex transactions. Bird is innovative and entrepreneurial, creating a lot of opportunities for learning and growth in this role. We are looking for someone excited by the challenges presented in a rapidly evolving environment that can also help build structure and control where needed.This role will focus primarily on SEC reporting tasks and technical accounting projects such as potential M&A, entity expansion, new accounting pronouncement adoption, new growth initiatives, financings and much more. This person will report to the Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting. As Bird is a newly public company, this role will be a critical part of ensuring compliance with SEC requirements and GAAP.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop, implement, improve, and execute financial and accounting processes and systems, with a specific focus on simplifying our reporting processes and establishing proper accountability across all teams
- Partner with the business on new initiatives requiring accounting consultation, draft positions, and write technical accounting memos
- Record equity transactions and perform monthly and quarterly equity reconciliation
- Assist in 10-K and 10-Q fillings for SEC reporting requirements
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Other related projects (i.e., implement new accounting guidance, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and/or SEC reporting/technical accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skills
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and basic accounting principles including equity related guidance
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.