Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Vehicle Product Manager is responsible for identifying product opportunities in the consumer products space, taking them from ideas to mass production. This role helps define Bird’s future retail hardware products and connected experiences. As an early member of the Vehicle Product team, the Vehicle Product Manager will play a key role in multiplying Bird’s consumer products portfolio.
- Write PRDs for clear product definition. Build outgoing vendor RFP packages for new products. Develop and define product requirements for consumer products including:
- New MicroEVs
- Vehicle accessories
- Work with the Vehicle Product team to develop a strong and robust hardware product roadmap. Partner with Bird leadership, Vehicle Engineering, Industrial Design, Vehicle Compliance, Program Management, Corp Dev, Sales teams to conduct analysis, craft messaging, and create deliverables for making vehicle product decisions. Apply company level business goals to vehicle strategy.
- Participate in industrial design and engineering design reviews. Champion the rider user experience in Bird’s consumer products throughout development.
- Track vehicle product workstreams in Jira and document vehicle information in Confluence. Lead products from concept to mass production.
- Build competitor research reports and summarize findings. Collect user research. Stay on top of industry trends and the competitive landscape. Analize market findings and data with sales teams. Identify innovative mobility technologies.
- Work with consumer product marketing teams to create sales collateral and marketing content.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related STEM field
- Passion for Bird’s mission, MicroEVs, and building the future of cities
- Strong analytical, written, and presentation skills
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty to build prototypes and concepts
- Experience in launching successful connected hardware products
- Experience working with mechanical, electrical, firmware, and software teams
- Experience working with overseas suppliers
- Experience with basic financial modeling
- Fluent in english
- Additional language skills
- Experience with eBikes, scooters, or other microEVs
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.