Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
- Coordinating the technical communication between Bird Engineering and APAC suppliers, including but not limited to drawing communication and alignment, test plan alignment, PPAP planning and alignment, etc.
- Provide Engineering support to component design and component sourcing
- Lead DFM activities with both suppliers and designers
- Conducting analysis of stacks tolerance to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance and provide feedback to design counterpart
- Responsible for metrology and measurement alignment between Bird and suppliers
- Responsible for execution and communication of design change
- Review and design production fixture and gauge
- Analyze and evaluate process capability as needed
- Conduct and review FAI for tooling qualification
- Candidates will also be required to balance multiple projects, utilizing various skill sets in a highly dynamic and diverse working environment.
- He/She needs to be detail oriented and a critical thinker. He/she must establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with external and internal teams
- Bachelor or master’s degree of mechanical engineering
- Experience and familiarity with DFA/DFM;
- 5+ years related working experience
- Deep and practical knowledge about manufacturing process related to mechanical parts
- Good understanding and experience with electrics is a plus
- Quality control related knowledge and experience preferred
- Able to use 3D CAD software (solid works, etc) to design simple fixtures
- Familiar with Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) of mechanical drawings
- Understand phase-gate development processes for new products in development;
- English proficiency with both verbal and written
- Good communication skills
- A team player
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.