Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
As Strategic Finance - Manager, you will be an instrumental leader as we build finance and accounting in a global, hyper growth environment. Reporting to the Head of FP&A, you’ll provide financial perspective, accountability and strategic oversight of our Corporate FP&A team. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable operating with extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
- Experience developing financial metrics, operating cadence, and key FP&A activities
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making across product launches, city operations, and vehicle development
- Build and leverage financial planning systems for budgeting and forecasting
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch
- Think strategically and help with tactical execution using the models to aid in decision making, overall company strategy, and worldwide operations
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and to better understand our actuals
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in a transitional FP&A organization (years may be substituted with investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- Public company FP&A leadership experience and transitioning from a private to public company a huge plus
- Proficiency building FP&A systems in Anaplan, or similar financial planning software
- Strong proficiency with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Experience scaling a team in either hardware or software startups (both is preferred) and/or experience at a top tier bank or consulting firm with track record of outperformance
- Ability and excitement to thought partner with senior business leaders Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
- Basic understanding of the inventory management, software and hardware businesses
- Master's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.