Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The purpose of this role is to provide the right tools, tracking and incentives to increase Fleet Manager effectiveness to hit deployed and repair targets. The Central Ops team is a dedicated program management of initiatives for the Fleet Manager program and focused on knowledge sharing and driving efficiency of processes that benefit from scale and standardization. This role will involve working on the highest impact projects that are currently blocking Fleet Managers from repairing and deploying their vehicles; such as providing tools for the local teams to pinpoint key areas of focus amongst their Fleet Managers, discerning best practices internally and sharing them amongst local teams, ensuring KPIs and other incentives are in place to encourage Fleet Managers to prioritize deployment & repair, and improving the repair guides and learning materials.
- Project management and leading key Fleet Manager initiatives (i.e. improved repair guides, FM incentives, identifying and sharing best practices to effectively manage a portfolio of fleet managers)
- Weekly KPI monitoring and reporting (i.e. damage metrics, FM KPI standardization and reforecasts)
- Gathering information from local teams to leverage learnings and drive the highest impact initiatives
- Creating other measurable KPIs that can gain insight into deployed blockers
- Standing up long term initiatives such as adding a repair metric to the Fleet Manager KPIs, streamlined discounts for spare parts, continuous incentive structure - both positive and negative
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university in quantitative/technical field (engineering, business management, economics preferred)
- 4-6+ years of experience in strategy / planning / investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related
- High-growth operations and/or startup experience (operations experience a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with Google Suite tools (Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Experience both in establishing processes from scratch and optimizing existing ones
- Cross-functional problem solving experience
- Highly adaptable and capable of supporting ever-changing demands of the business
- Operational experience particularly around behavioral improvement and hitting key metrics
- Experience performing ad-hoc analyses including “what-if” scenarios to optimize performance of the business
- Strong communication skills including: presentation building and delivery skills, written / email communications, and documentation
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.