Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Primary relationship manager with one of Bird’s key customers, the Fleet Manager. Responsible for onboarding, building Bird knowledge, and developing a strong relationship with your Fleet Managers by acting as their business coach, helping the Fleet Manager maintain city regulatory compliance while driving top line revenue and bottom line profits to their business. This role is the internal advocate for the Fleet Manager, collecting FM feedback to ensure we are building the right processes and products to enable FM success.
- Build strong relationships with Fleet Managers through consistent communication, requesting feedback and providing support, and implementing tactics to prevent FM churn. Provide support to FMs as a business coach, keeping FMs motivated and optimizing their operations.
- Represent Bird by maximizing revenue per FM at an optimized operational cost by determining vehicle allocation strategies, recommending terminations, and executing strategies to drive FM metric improvement. Represent Bird at local events ensuring alignment with city goals.
- Ensure timely onboarding of new FMs, including ensuring training completion and arranging for vehicle pick-up, ensuring we hit our ramp plan targets. Manage off-boarding of churned FMs, including communication, vehicle collection, and final payout resolution
- Analyze Fleet Manager fleet status metrics, leverage those insights to FMs, ensuring FM vehicles are constantly ahead of target for revenue generating states while ensuring Bird remains in compliance with local regulations (adhering to fleet caps, neighborhood fleet minimums, etc.)
- Develop SOPs and other project documentation to standardize and replicate best practices for FM coaching. Collaborate in cross-functional projects to accelerate the success of the business.
- Represent the Fleet Manager’s interest internally by collecting feedback from FMs, understanding their pain points and bottlenecks and translate those into product / process improvements to help them succeed. Collaborate with other Bird internal teams (e.g. Product, Gov Relations, Business Operations, CommOps …) to deliver these improvements.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 yrs in Account Management, Operations, Customer Service
- 1+ year of account management / customer facing experience
- 1+ year of experience with complex processes environment / process improvement
- Experience with advanced excel / g-suite. SQL nice to have
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and collaborate in cross functional partners and activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel up to 25%
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.