Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
The City & University Management Team builds and owns relationships with universities & cities across North America driving an important growth vector for Bird.
This is an opportunity to join a team with tremendous impact on the growth of Bird’s existing and future presence on university campuses. As an Account Manager, you will focus on the onboarding, launch, continued management, upselling, and success of our City & University Partners.
In short, you will bring City and University Partnerships to life. Working closely with a sales counterpart (who is responsible for bringing in partnerships and securing contracts), you will manage and build the relationship post launch. . You will have a high level of visibility across the org, working with cross functional stakeholders and city & university partners.
- Serve as the main Bird point of contact for our City & University partners
- Successfully manage nationwide City & University Bird launches & relationships after launch (in order to secure a contract renewal, continued or exclusive partnerships, or upsell by increasing city & campus cap)
- Lead regular check-ins with City partners to receive feedback, review data & utilization, and to ensure city stakeholders are pleased with Bird operations
- Maintain consistent feedback channels with Bird General Managers & City Operations Teams for each market to provide updates and inform on City & University market health
- Manage all operational requests from partners, and provide technological & safety marketing solutions for operational & safety challenges
- Act as a liaison between City partners & local Fleet Managers, to ensure operational compliance & address city concerns.
- Assist our Government Relations team in any University RFP application processes, and participate in any RFP presentations for interviews
- Manage and drive internal projects and initiatives to completion
- Actively monitor market health (utilization, ride behavior/etiquette, etc.), and make recommendations to Bird Operations & Engagement Manager teams
- 2- 4+ years of experience in account management, sales or a government relations position
- High level of grit, motivation, and confidence in having difficult conversations
- Open to travel as necessary to meet with City & University contacts as well as support in-person safety education events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative ability to problem solve on the fly; you never know what might come up here!
- Experience managing complex organization relationships
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities with tight deadlines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.