Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
- Build the Native iOS app for our riders and fleet managers
- Work closely with various business partners (backend, firmware, UI/UX)
- App architecture design
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Building user interfaces in code with auto-layout
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of iOS development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience with iOS
- 2+ years of experience with Swift
- Experience developing native iOS applications in Swift
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high-quality code
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodology and large-scale application development
- Functional and reactive programming experience
- Bluetooth experience
- MapKit experience
- IOT experience
- Code driven layout experience
- Experience with payment platforms
Technology we're working with
- Core Data
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.