Descarga la aplicación
The safety of riders and members of the community is our obsession here at Bird. Keep these things in mind next time you ride.
Where to ride.
- Care for pedestrians. No riding on sidewalks unless local law requires or permits — it endangers members of our community who want to walk freely. We’re all in this together, so let’s be good neighbors and look out for one another.
- Ride in bike lanes or close to the right curb unless local or state law requires or permits.
Where to park.
- Park Birds out of the public right of way — keeping walkways, driveways, access ramps, and fire hydrants clear.
- Park Birds close to the curb, facing the street near designated bike or scooter parking areas, trees, or street signs.
- Make sure your kickstand is securely in the down position so that the Bird stays upright.
- Avoid uneven surfaces like grass, gravel, rocks, or inclines.
Rules of the road.
- Bird encourages all riders to wear a helmet when riding.
- You must be 18+ years old to Bird.
- Only one rider per vehicle.
- Follow all traffic rules including street signs and stop signs.
- Use caution at crosswalks
Be aware of surrounding traffic, especially at intersections.
- Always be aware of surrounding traffic, especially at intersections – cars are your biggest risk.
- Start off slowly while you get used to the accelerator and brakes.
- No one-handed rides. Put down the phone and coffee cup.
- No headphones – listen to what’s around you.
- Don’t ride if you’ve been drinking alcohol.
Bird is committed to Vision Zero, a global movement to make mobility safer, healthier and more equitable for everyone on the road. Bird scooters not only reduce the need for cars, they raise awareness of transportation alternatives and encourage cities to invest in safety infrastructure that benefits everyone.
The open road awaits, download the Bird app and start riding today.