Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Senior Marketing Manager at Bird is someone who possesses extensive experience developing and executing direct to consumer and retail marketing and advertising campaigns. The person in this role will be a key strategic voice in driving the evolution of the Bird consumer products marketing strategy and will be well-versed in developing and managing 360 global marketing campaigns and effectively managing day-to-day marketing activities. This role will be a key member of a world class integrated communications and marketing team and will be charged with advancing a long-term strategy to drive impactful campaign execution globally. In this fast-paced role you will partner closely with a cross-functional team across Communications, Sales, Creative, Product and Growth to develop scalable and impactful marketing programs wherever Bird products are sold around the world.
This role will be responsible for leading, managing and refining strategic marketing programs to support sell-thru of new product introductions as well as backlist products across all channels globally and making recommendations to optimize tactics based on key results. Evaluating the ROI of marketing programs, with specific attention to sell-thru in key accounts and D2C will be essential to bringing more new customers to Bird. This person will also work closely with our community and content team to grow and nurture a network of Bird consumer product evangelists . The person in this role will be a critical steward of the brand and will be responsible for ensuring all international campaigns and content are in keeping with the core Bird brand priorities.
- Drive profitable brand growth based on in-depth understanding of the consumer, global competitive landscape and internal capabilities. Create strong and compelling 360 integrated marketing campaigns with a clear Go To Market strategy for all new product introductions as well as ongoing initiatives to maintain momentum on current product assortment. Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams on a wide array of Go-To-Market and Brand Building initiatives (i.e. promotions, partnerships, social, community, etc.)
- Identify and share effectiveness and impact of all marketing initiatives and advertising campaigns with regular reporting, tracking and analysis, with the goal to optimize tactics based on key results
- Build and manage scaleable strategic marketing programs to support sell-thru objectives across different channels and segments in support of our overall strategic marketing goals for consumer products with a strict adherence to Brand voice and priorities. Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies for local markets in partnership with the sales and channel marketing teams.
- Lead the execution of global marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with all internal stakeholders and leveraging or building the right internal processes to drive alignment and efficiency.
- Fully understand how all channel partners operate and guide channel marketing team in building and maintaining strong understanding of local market needs and key account requirements.
- Manage overall marketing budget for consumer products
- Bachelor's Degree, Secondary degree a plus
- 7+ years marketing experience
- 2-4 years of people management experience
- Written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Occasional international and domestic travel
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.