Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Our City Operations team is tasked with ensuring Birds are maintained and repaired quickly to a high standard. As a Vehicle Associate, you’ll be responsible for the health and performance of vehicles in your region and the management and implementation of a broad array of projects. Vehicle Associates will work closely with our Fleet Manager partners to assist, guide and ensure they are set up to succeed. The Fleet Manager program is a new global program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses interested in operating a fleet of scooters in their city. You will be a key member of the local city operations team dedicated to providing riders with industry leading service. This role directly impacts our relationships with local stakeholders and influencers as well as the millions of riders who rely on our service.
- Create and present information through coaching sessions and one-on-one conversations in-person and remotely with Fleet Managers focused on troubleshooting problems and answering questions related to the product, vehicles, repairs, and spare parts
- Become a subject matter expert on our vehicles, internal tools, processes, applications, and metrics
- Build relationships with and provide coaching to our Fleet Managers to optimize their performance. Look around corners to ensure the long-term success of their and Bird’s businesses, as well as the success of all of our cities and customers.
- Measure the impact and efficiency of existing processes within Operations while identifying new ways to create value for the business. Scale best practices that are incubated from test to global implementation.
- Work on cross-functional projects to drive the vision and execution of world class operations within your cities
- Communicate with key stakeholders across the entire organization.
- Ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with high degree of autonomy
- Drive a culture of safety, collaboration, and productivity
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years operations experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- 2+ years leading a team or managing external partners
- Ability to drive a team towards goals and KPIs
- Problem solver DNA; ability to identify areas of improvement within processes and help execute those changes
- Strong logical thinking, verbal, and quantitative reasoning, along with the ability to zoom out and see patterns
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and lead by example
- Willingness to travel within the region
- Strong ability to multitask, handle fire drills, and work in ambiguity
- Up to 35% based on sub-region
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a work from home stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.