Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
This role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. The ideal candidate has a strong bias towards execution, can dig deep into data to identify operational issues, is always driving towards improvements in process, hustles, inspires, and loves making something from nothing.
- Be both a tactical & strategic leader on the Nordics operations team;
- Be a down-to-earth team player who can balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep dive investigations to understand the “why” behind metrics and derive execution plans to treat;
- Make strategic decisions to prioritize within your functional area; identify and drive the team towards meeting operational KPIs and SLAs;
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance;
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross-functional alignment as we build and scale;
- Support a culture of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar of execution;
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry;
- Support the Norway policy team by attending local policy meetings and events across Norway.
- Bachelor or Masters degree from competitive university;
- 5+ years of experience in business consulting / engineering / strategy / high-growth operations or startup environments;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment;
- Exceptional problem solving ability & track record of leading projects from start to finish;
- Strong project management experience & proven record to deliver results;
- Strong Excel & data manipulation skills (proficient with Tableau, BI Tools, SQL, Excel). Python is a plus;
- Fluent in English & Norwegian;
- Regulatory, policy, or legal knowledge is a plus.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a work from home stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.