Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
We are looking for an Associate Writer to join our Pursuits team. This person will be collaborative; a critical thinker who can create and edit smart copy for a variety of government audiences around the world; and someone who can translate complicated concepts and government policies into jargon-free prose.
The Associate Writer will support the Senior Writer in drafting persuasive, government-facing content for city audiences. The Associate Writer is involved with all aspects of the production process from researching requirements and laws, to gathering content from internal teams, to writing, editing and localizing Bird’s message for cities around the world. You will be responsible for conveying the unique value Bird can offer cities. You will craft and spearhead our responses for competitive procurement for global audiences.
- Draft and project manage Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and other external facing documents to help Bird win scooter permits in cities around the world.
- Actively researching local culture and context, city goals, and other subject matter in order to write and present effectively.
- Champion the Bird brand, voice and style throughout your writing.
- Juggle multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to support the Senior Writer in developing a strategy for winning each permit.
- Own your work from start to finish; able to work independently while also supporting the greater team.
- Native level or professional fluency in written and verbal English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Journalism, Communications, Public Administration or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to persuade internal and external audiences.
- Competitive spirit.
- 3-5 years of experience in Public Policy, Communications, Journalism, Proposal/Grant Writing, or a related field.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in ambiguity.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.