Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Bird’s Platform and Fleet Manager products allow entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world to partner with Bird to launch their own fleet of scooters using our proprietary technology. The Sales team is responsible for leading Bird’s global expansion by sourcing, vetting, signing, and scaling new partners across a spectrum of size and complexity.
We are looking for a business development representative to join the North American sales team within our Global Revenue org. The BDR will be a vital member of the Sales Team, responsible for reaching out to and interfacing with city officials and stakeholders to gauge interest in partnering with Bird. This person will be a critical member of the team, working cross-functionally to ensure eligibility of each client while acting as a trusted partner and advisor.
- Source potential partners for the business through cold calling and prospecting
- Respond to inquiries and inbound leads; following up with all potential clients
- Identifies any needs of the client while qualifying interest and eligibility
- Creates a positive, lasting relationship with each client
- Works cross-functionally with the rest of the Sales and Operations teams as clients are advancing through the funnel
- Thrives on change and takes on new clients or projects as needed
- High level of energy, motivation, and commitment
- Effective communicator, both internal and external
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly organized and adaptable team player
- Enterprise level experience preferred
- 1 - 2 years of experience in Sales, Marketing or Recruiting
- Salesforce experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.